CDS_FULLSCREEN

Started by
7 comments, last by Tanczos 18 years, 5 months ago
Yes, I'm stuck on the first tutorial! My Dev C++ 4 says that CDS_FULLSCREEN is an undeclared identifier. It has no trouble with the header files, so I would have thought it was some spelling error. But I checked the tutorial code and the Borland code, and the spelling is the same. Any solution? This is very frustrating . . .
Advertisement
it's not in the headers for some reason. but IIRC, use this..
#ifndef CDS_FULLSCREEN#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4#endif
This space for rent.
Thanks! Now it compiles, but the Compiler and Linker Output window raves on about undefined references to glShadeModel@4 and the like.
I'm obviously out of my depth here. Is there any textbooks for beginners in Dev C++?
You need to add the opengl link libraries.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
You need to add the opengl link libraries.

Thanks . . . You mean add them to my project, or add them to Dev C++? I tried to sort all this out a while ago with the Borland C++ compiler, but it was quite beyond me then.
i haven't used dev-c++ in a long time, but in the linker options(somewhere) you have to link the proper libraries, such as opengl32.lib glu32.lib...

edit:

Dev-C++ FAQ

Quote:
9. How can i use the OpenGL library and others ?

All the libraries that comes with Mingw reside in the Lib directory. They are all named in the following way: lib*.a
To link a library with your project, just add in Project options, Further option files :
-lopengl32
This is for including the libopengl32.a library. To add any other library, just follow the same syntax:
Type -l (L in lowercase) plus the base name of the library (filename without "lib" and the ".a" extension).
This space for rent.
You need gdi32.a linked to your project.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pingux/ <-- you know you wanna see my 2D Engine which supports DirectX and OpenGL or insert your renderer here :)
For some reason the project menu is greyed out, and the project options button doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?
Quote:Original post by PinguinDude
You need gdi32.a linked to your project.

This was the file I was missing. It runs fine now, thanks. For some reason if I open the project from NeHe I can't open the Project menus. I can cut and paste it into a new project though. Wierd . . . oh well, I guess I'll figure that one out one day.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement