Sign in to follow this  
katok

Feedback requset: Frootz prerelease

Hi!

The game feels very polished. Cosy graphics and catchy music. The menusystem is clean and easy to understand. I especially liked the extremly pedagocial help-screen [wink]

There were mainly two things that concerned me.

1. When you complete a level, the fanfare plays on top of the main game music, which sounds very messy

2. There is not much variation between levels.

I played for quite a while, and these were the only things that I think needs improvement.

#1 is probably quite easy to fix. Just mute the main music while playing the level-complete-fanfare.

#2 is a bit more worse to fix as it involves renewing the game experience. Here's some examples of things that you could use the to complicate the levels as you progress into the game:

• Have "dead" items, i.e. items that cannot be removed by creating a row or column of them. To get rid of these squares you would need to remove fuits below them and make them "fall down" and off the playing area.

• Not only limit the time the player has to complete the level, but also limit the number of moves.

• Have something similar to the spider, but if you fail to kill him before he reaches what he wants, you get punished. Punishment coud be in form of inverting the mousemovements or get a big time punishment (i.e. the time goes faster)

The possibilites of complicating the gameplay are really big. If you manage to implement more variety in the gameplay, this game would be a top quality puzzlegame!

I thought the graphics were well done and attractive. Also, you had a good menusystem. I also liked your animated tutorial.

Your choice of music was good, but you just need more variation. The repetition gets boring after a while.

I had one major problem. One time it froze on me after I made a 3-item match. I'm pretty sure the game didn't halt, but I couldn't select anything else. Its probably difficult to reproduce the problem again though.

Tried it and I'm very impressed. Like the two posts before me, I think the graphics are very beautiful, the controls are very polished, but my complaints are along the same lines too.

Gameplay gets repetitive quickly and there is a lack in the challenge department. I guess the higher levels get harder, but I fail to see what's to want to play more than a couple of levels. The first thing that popped in mind while playing, was that adding a kind of scoring system could help, dunno. Perhaps having trophies, or some kind of "next stages" when you complete a select number of puzzles, you see?

But else than that, the game is nice and is technically EXCELLENT.

Sign in to follow this