unknown linker error

Started by
2 comments, last by zappernapper 18 years, 6 months ago
i'm unfamiliar with this linker error, could someone explain to me what it's saying?
Quote:undefined reference to `vtable for Map'
Map is a class i have defined, but i have no idea what vtable is, i have no variables or functions named that. Included headers are <windows.h> and <vector> might i be accidentally overriding on of their classes?
Advertisement
As a rule of thumb id say you shouldnt name your classes the same as the STL classes, because it can be a cause of confusion when other people read your code. Even if its just cMap instead of Map, thats clearer :]

I can only imagine vtable references the table created to keep track of virtual functions (and making sure the correct functions are called). Iv never had this error before, so im not exactly sure myself =/
"Leave it to the computer programmers to shorten the "Year 2000 Millennium Bug" to "Y2K." Isn't that what caused this problem in the first place?"
Chances are you have some functions in your Map class that you didn't implement.
that's what it was.... i had a virtual destructor in my declaration but not in my implementation

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement