[solved] ReadConsole

Started by
3 comments, last by MrEvil 18 years, 6 months ago
I'm trying to use ReadConsole, but the result is always madness!! #define MAX_INPUT 256 ReadConsole( hInputConsole, szInput, MAX_INPUT, NULL, NULL ); When i WriteConsole szInput, it just looks like a bunch of =======================================22222 or something. is there something strange to know about ReadConsole, or is there a better Win32 function out there? SOLVED: the fourth parameter can't be NULL
------------------------------------------------------------"Many combilations elizagerth. I hope you see my particles." - Senor Cardgage
Advertisement
Do you null out the buffer before calling ReadConsole()?
that helped a bit. i nulled szInput, but it just came out null, so apparently i'm putting something wrong into ReadConsole. i'll try to figure that out.
------------------------------------------------------------"Many combilations elizagerth. I hope you see my particles." - Senor Cardgage
It looks like ReadConsole() is failing. I believe this is because the lpNumberofCharsRead parameter should not be NULL.
Quote:Original post by Yohomyth
Is there something strange to know about ReadConsole, or is there a better Win32 function out there?

This might not be suited to your program, but whenever I need to use the console, I declare two std::fstreams:

std::ifstream conin("CONIN$");std::ofstream conout("CONOUT$");

Which achieves the same result, but using the STL. It results in me having to do less work, which is always good [grin].

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement