Sign in to follow this  
Fish HF

sending WM_CHARs

I wrote a little program that is like IME that lets me input some chinese words, now i need to get the characters to sent to the windows. I'm using PostMessage to send the wonderful WM_CHAR messages to the window handle that i got from GetForegroundWindow before my window got focus, but it won't work because the window handle i got from GetForegroundWindow is not a child window that has the keyboard focus....so sending the message to the parent window won't work It does work when it's sent to a simple window with a editbox written in vb.... Any advices are welcome :) thanks

use send message instead. send message calls the winproc directly thus bypassing the message que. I think the que might be perventing the message to go through. also, the program you're sending the message to might have some specific code that requires a keyboard focus message to work correctly. just somthing to think about. send message should work.

Tim

No, it seems it doesnt....heres the code:

HWND t=GetForegroundWindow();
if(t!=hwndme)
{
target=t;
SendMessage(target,WM_CHAR,'a',0);
}

maybe the message didn't get passed to the windows's child windows or editboxes?

function GetFocusWindow( h: HWnd ): hWnd; in http://www.tt.rim.or.jp/~muramatu/delphi/SendKey/SENDKEY.PAS seems to be what i'm looking for.....

[Edited by - Fish HF on October 22, 2005 4:51:33 AM]