Glaux replacement

Started by
10 comments, last by Tanczos 18 years, 5 months ago
I'm having trouble using the Glaux replacement code. Do I cut and paste it directly into my cpp? Where exactly does it go, and what do I have to take out? At the moment, I'm getting 13 to 16 compiler errors.
Advertisement
its glaux replacement code, which means you take out the code using glaux (the bitmpap loader) and replace it with the replacement code. You will likely have to change a few other things as well though.
- relpats_eht
Check my sig.
Quote:Original post by lc_overlord
Check my sig.

Thanks, that's one nice thread! I'm still having problems compiling though. I'm using Dev C++, and I think the problems all stem from this line in bmp.h:

byte *data;

which gives this error:

13 texturescode.cpp
c:\dev-c++\lib\bmp.h:6: syntax error before `*'

Does Dev not use byte like VC++? I get 18 compile errors in all.

[Edited by - Tanczos on October 22, 2005 7:32:35 PM]
I've tried replacing "byte" with "short" for all the errors. It compiles fine, but when it's run, after the 'fullscreen?' box, it says 'initialization failed'. Do I actually have to enter the texture filename into the code or something?
Well firstly a byte a char. So you can do the following

typedef unsigned char byte

2. replace byte by unsigned char

Regarding the initialization failed, it looks like the main part of initialing a window context failed.

The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
I've now changed byte to BYTE . . . My first C++ textbook emphasised cases, and I noticed this while googling. Is there a basic reason why the initialization failed? I am trying to track back through the code, but am finding it hard.
I'm using Dev-C++ and I get an Initialization failed message too. What needs to be done to fix it?
I figured it out!! the Initialization error for me was in the LoadGLImage function the actual directory that NeHe.bmp was supposed to be in was "data\Nehe.bmp" when the bmp was really just in the main directory. So I just changed it to "Nehe.bmp" and it compiled and ran fine!! Tell me if this helps
Quote:Original post by jmics
I figured it out!! the Initialization error for me was in the LoadGLImage function the actual directory that NeHe.bmp was supposed to be in was "data\Nehe.bmp" when the bmp was really just in the main directory. So I just changed it to "Nehe.bmp" and it compiled and ran fine!! Tell me if this helps

No such luck! I tried variations on that idea, but am still comes up with the initialization failed box

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement