Textures(first time)

Started by
16 comments, last by Jarrod1937 18 years, 5 months ago
Again wow! Those are exactly the kind of space backgrounds our game could use. I thought I was doing well. If you're interested we could perhaps use an artist to make some space backgrounds for our next game. No guarantees right now, but possibly in the near future.

beteogames
Advertisement
hmm yes, when I have some free time I could do that for you :)
Cool I'll save your info. Like most independant game developers we're on a shoestring budget so we probably wouldn't be able to pay(at least not on our next project) but you would get recognition and could be great for a resume! So if you're still interested let me know.

Thanks

beteogames
No I dont want money ;) but dont expect to much from me. I dont have a lot of time and I dont know if I can do the things you expect from me, but I want to try.

Hey no worries. You could just do whatever on your own time. We won't be getting into our next project for a little while yet anyway. Have you done skyboxes? Are you familiar with that?
well i wouldn't mind offering my services. i'm a texture artist, although i don't work without pay, but the pay wouldn't be much. maybe something around $0.68 per texture. I'm also currently about to launch my seamless tileable game dev texture business soon (probably within 2 days) so you can check it out. you can go to surrealtextures.com to checkout soem samples (you can skip the intro if you want). i do any kind of texture imaginable (specialize in nature type textures though).
if you're not interested thats fine but if you're then thats cool too. give me a pm if interested.

P.s. i'm also experienced with making skybox textures, parallax, bump, and normal maps too.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Yeah I've seen your website. Looks good, but it didn't look like you do scifi. You should post some scifi samples on your website.
yeah, for the time being the majority of the textures are geared toward an outdoor type game like most rts's, fps..ect. however we have everything ranging from snow to grass to gravel to pebble piles to concrete to diamond plated metal to a ton of rock/stone...ect. I'm also in the middle of making a pack of around 40 or so alpha/opacity foilage textures, an example of a few of these can be seen here, http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot00010mg.jpg and here, http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot00005ey.jpg .
however i'm also going to start on making a few industrial/sci-fi texture packs too. could any of you perhaps offer suggestions on the general look you all are looking for in sci-fi textures?

btw Betelgeuze, those textures aren't too bad. but i think what is missing is the dirty look, they look a little too clean.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement