Sign in to follow this  
Endar

Normal FPS?

Endar    668
Just added something into my game engine to count the FPS. I'm averaging about 1000 FPS, with a single textured cube (12 triangles) that rotates. Is that about normal for a single cube all by its lonesome?

Endar    668
Quote:
Original post by vNistelrooy
You know, you really shouldn't care about the framerate of a single textured cube.

I don't really, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't waaaaay out of the ball-park. So, I know now that it does work.

Quote:
Original post by omgomghilol
That may not even be a very accurate FPS count because at that point, your timing calls might not be too accurate (depending on what you are using).

I'm using QueryPerformanceCounter, so I think I'm okay with that.

LilBudyWizer    491
The timing may be accurate, but it doesn't mean it is meaningful. Drawing a thousand of those boxes isn't going to drop you to 1 fps and might well still leave you around 1000 fps.

Endar    668
Yeah, but that would be expected because the hardware is going to be able to easily render pretty much whatever I throw at it at this point.

I was just wanting to make sure that I hadn't stuffed up somewhere along the way, like one of those errors that can be really small, hard to find, and stuff up everything.