midi tutorials for python

Started by
6 comments, last by laserbeak43 18 years, 5 months ago
anyone know any midi tutorials for python?
__________________________________________________________Maybe one day i can not be affraid of venturing out of the beginners section.
Advertisement
hmm, well you are going to need to be somewhat more specific as python has very little to do with midi out of the box.

What are you trying to do?
"It's such a useful tool for living in the city!"
well im trying to make a program that can manipulate midi sequences in realtime
__________________________________________________________Maybe one day i can not be affraid of venturing out of the beginners section.
What MIDI libraries are you using?
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
well i have been trying to figure out pmidi and pyportmidi
but they dont have docs and tho i have used dir([pypm]) to look in the pyportmidi pyd module i havent found much info
and the pmidi api doc doesnt really help with no example code
I'm afraid I don't know anywhere enough about MIDI to be of any real assistance :(

It doesn't sound you're looking for a "Python MIDI tutorial" as much as for documentation for that library. I can only suggest you contact its author.

Sorry.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
pyportmidi is just a wrapper around portmidi. You should be able to figure out how to use it from the portmidi docs.
hmm ok
thanks will tryy it out

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement