Maya 6 Exiting on Startup...?

Started by
2 comments, last by Jarrod1937 18 years, 5 months ago
Hello there. And thanks for reading my post. I have been trying to learn Maya 6.0 lately (Unlimited). =) It's nice -- I like it. But only when I can get it to work. :( Usually, I run Maya from the desktop, it loads, and shows the main window and the output window. But, some of the buttons on the interface aren't there. Then, a couple of them show up, and the program exits. I know this may not be the correct place to post it. (Instead of the Alias.com forums) But I thought maybe someone might have had this problem before, and can help me. Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, Matt U. ("Waldo")
:==-_ Why don't the voices just leave me alone?! _-==:
Advertisement
Check "My Documents\maya\mayaLog", might have some information as to why this happens.
Do you run a firewall? some of the Docserver apps need to access some of your ports to test this!!!
Unplug you network cable shut down you firewall and then try maya if that works you will need to configure your firewall for it to run right.
What are your system specs? if a firewall is doing this i would be very surprised. have you tried reinstalling? making sure there are no patches needed listed on maya's site? check the log to see what is going wrong and get back with us.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement