Can anyone help me?

Started by
1 comment, last by CRACK123 18 years, 6 months ago
/thousand_questions I have some questions about the Torque game engine; if you have it and a moment of free time please answer a few. I already went to Garage Games and read a bit but I need to know these things: If I buy a copy of it(torque), do I have to buy the license right then or can I wait until I have a finished game for sale? Do I need any other app like milkshape to use the engine or does it just make stuff easier? How is Torque used? Is it a compiler like Darkbasic or is it like worldcraft? And how much proggramming experience should I have? And one final question(I hope): Does '3D Game Proggramming All In One' come with the FULL version or a demo/cutback version? Anyone know? Thank you for your time. [Edited by - Servant of the Lord on October 22, 2005 8:10:16 PM]
Advertisement
Been a while since I looked at torque, but if you buy torque, isnt that the license?
Other apps like milkshape, 3d studio, lightwave, etc, are the programs youd use to create content for your game.
Torque is an SDK, you need a C++ compiler like microsofts, etc, to compile the source files, and you will need a fair amount of programming experience to make your way around in it.
Dont know anything about 3D Game Proggramming All In One

[Edit] It comes with a world editor (make maps) which you will need to know how to use, also it has a GUI (graphical user interface) editor for your display, and a scripting language that is C++ like. Createing texture images (skins, map textures, etc) will require something like photoshop, but there are some free image editors that are pretty powerful on the net. Looks like their license is $100 per programmer working on the game (The first 100 gets u the SDK, the 100s after that make it legal to sell more or less).
From what I know

You buy the SDK you get the lifetime license use it and make games commercially. If a team of programmers use it then each one has to have a licensed version. So it effectively is => number of programmers * license cost.

There should be no cost to distrbuting and selling your game.

You still need 3rd party softwares to make content.

The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement