WHich language to use?

Started by
3 comments, last by SKATIN_HARD 18 years, 5 months ago
-_____- Hi, I'm xycos, and I've been working so far with Java. I'm quite skilled at it, if I may say so myself, but I'm looking to move to a different language, specifically one that has better support for OGRE, and is more complex. My main options here are C++, Python, or a .NET managed language (C# or Delphi, probably). I really don't want to have to switch to C++ if at all possible, because I'm not very good at teaching myself things, and I'd rather choose one that's closer to Java (the only language that computer science classes seem to teach, damnit!), with less of a possibility of screwing everything up. So I want to know... what's a good language to migrate to, preferably one that is well-documented and would be easy to learn, yet powerful enough for game development, and a "native" interface similar to Java's? Thanks, Best of wishes, xy
"For sweetest things turn sour'st by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."- William Shakespere, Sonnet 94
Advertisement
If you're already comfortable with Java, I'd try C#.
In your case, I'd say C# and use Axiom, Ogre for C#. C# is pretty much like Java, I mean just looking between the two, they are pretty close, since both are OOP languages. However, C# is still a new language, and is constantly being updated/evolving, just like Ogre/Axiom, so keep that in mind.
Great, that's exactly what I needed!

Are there (and I knwo it's probably been asked a million times before) any easy Java-to-C# tutorials. I googled it the other day and I got links to "converter" programs, but no tutorials specifically on the subject.
"For sweetest things turn sour'st by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."- William Shakespere, Sonnet 94
There are just a few differences between the 2. java has System.out.println while c# has Console.WriteLine. Just read a few basic c# tutorials and you should be able to pick out the differences.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement