Embed an AllegroGL window?

Started by
3 comments, last by RealmRPGer 18 years, 5 months ago
Is there any way to embed an AllegroGL window within another window (specifically a Visual Studio form)? Or will I have to create my own openGL window? If so, would I still be able to use the AllegroGL functions on the openGL window?
Advertisement
This might be what you are looking for: win_set_window().
Hey, thanks!

But now I'm running into a little problem. If I give AllegroGL the HWND of the form, it removes the ability to resize the window. And if I try to give it the HWND of a form control (in this case, a panel), it seems to turn the panel into a window that's constrained within the form. Interesting, but not what I want.

So is there any way to imbed an OpenGL frame within a form's control (basically, allow for resizing of the form)?
Allegro does not support window resizing, as it grew up on DOS. I would guess that you cannot do what you want with Allegro GL, but you could try asking at allegro.cc. The next version (4.3/4.4) of Allegro will most likely support this, but you're not going to want to wait around for that.
Hrmmm, well, I manually created an OpenGL frame within the control, but it looks like I can't use the AllegroGL textures with it. I'm guessing the textures are something special that's only implimented in allegro_gl_flip()?

Well, the not being able to resize the allegro window isn't TOO bad, but the fact that it uses the entire form as the rendering window is turning out to be a hassle (mostly because of the continually changing offsets due to the other form controls)...

heh...I'm really beginning to dislike allegro now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement