Comicdev: Comics Section Added!

Started by
36 comments, last by Encicra 18 years, 3 months ago
!---PROMO---! Through our site you can get FREE collector Zoom Suit Cards! Check it out! The project: -The project is a webiste called Comicdev. It is what it appears to be, a comic development site. There aren’t many of these types of pages on the internet, that I have come across anyway, so I feel that this could be a good project to start up. About Comicdev: -Everyone has their favorite hero’s and favorite funnies in the paper and everyone has also come up with an idea that they feel would be a great comic. What I am trying to create is a place for people with similar interests to come together and start their own projects online.The internet it is only starting to become a fragment of what it is going to be in the not so distant future. So, now is the time to get your ideas up and out into the world. Who knows what will happen? People might actually like what you have to share. This site is for comics/animations of all types, styles and all sorts of genres. Comicdev Current Status: -We have made a basic HTML front page for Comicdev. This is only the start of what is to come. In the near future new features will be added which will include: Interviews, News, and Tutorials. If you have any suggestions please let me know, preferably in the the suggestions part of the Comicdev forums. Thanks. Other Information: It may take a fair amount of time to get these forums going but I think they will be a possitive and possibly long awaited addition to the net. My goals for my site is to be much like this one which has plus members and is actually a selling point for books and such about comics. I would also like to set up, all these things are for a main page of course, a jobs section where companies can post jobs for artists and writers etc. I know that lots of people would love to have their own comic, so why not make on the net and showcase it on the net. This isn't just some hobbie to me but at the moment I can't put all the energy toward it that I would like to do to school and getting ready to move in the short future. I look at this site as somthing to be 100% complete in say 3-4 years. I don't expect it just to pop up and be huge overnight. Link: Http://www.comicdev.com News: [Dec.28/05] Well we finally began adding comics to the site. At the moment we are linked up to one of our own comics called PE Comics, which is basiclly my attempt at learning how to use photopaint before starting my main comic and we are also linked up to Boolean's comic "Guy and Penguin". The plan here is for new/old webcomic creators will submit their sites to comicdev to be added to the comic list. [Dec.13/05] Today we added a page and a half article on the basic parts of a heroic story. [Dec.06/05] Through our site you can get FREE collector Zoom Suit Cards! Check it out! [Dec.04/05] We are now a .com site! Http://www.comicdev.com [Edited by - Encicra on December 28, 2005 2:11:12 AM]
Advertisement
You guys have anythoughts towards what I should do here?
Anyone.....................yea this is a bump.
Well, here's the thing. I'm sure there are peeps on here that like comics, but this is a game development site, so it might not be the best place for feed back on a comic book website.

That being said, I can give you some generic feed back [wink]
- Cut the forums down to like 3 or 4 and only expand when they get too crowded
- Try to find a niche. The idea of ComicDev in general might be totally new, but you may need something else. Like I heard someone talking about creating a new game dev-esque site on here the other day, and they were talking about how they are going to have free hosting for members' games. That's something that will draw people in.

Anyway, best of luck! Keep at it and I'm sure it'll grow!
Matt
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
The reason I posted here is because I spend a fair amount of time on these forums plus I think the idea of making a comic itself would draw in Writers and Artists. Many comics become well thought out stories for games. I kinda see the two things walking hand and hand in a way.
The total absence of resources is the biggest problem. If you had a brief introduction into comics as a medium (nothing on the scale of Understanding Comics, just outline things like panels, thought and speech bubbles, narrator headings and layout), a list of free and/or affordable tools - digital and traditional - and links to comics on the web and art tutorials, you'd provide a lot more context for visitors. As it is, the site is pretty ambiguous, which makes it difficult to start any discussion.

You need content. Even something as simple as interviewing various well-known comic artists on their thoughts about the art form, the effects of the internet as a distribution/publication medium on it and prospects for the future would do a lot for you.

Good luck with ComicsDev.
Right now it is literally bare bones of a site. I am working on makeing it better. I plan to make a full front page for it.
Bump- We have gotten a few people there. It is going to be a while though lol before it flurishes.
Your site won't be taken seriously until you have your own domain name. Your URL might as well be pub32.freemessageboards.com, in my opinion. It's completely forgettable.
I welcome anyone who feels they can contribute to write up a tutorial on a part of comic making. What I want this site to be is community by comic lovers for comic creators. This site is in very early stages and like it says in a previous post it lacks content.

[Edited by - Encicra on November 18, 2005 1:50:02 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement