Sign in to follow this  
methinks

Looking for GUI Library

methinks    222
I'm designing a media editor, and I need to figure out what GUI library to use. I've looked at GTK and QT, but haven't found all the answers I need. I don't know if there's anything out there that has all the features I need, or which comes closest. Here's what I'm looking for: -Open Source (I hope to set this up as an Open source project if I can get it to work) -Portable (Win32, linux, mac) -Extendable (I'll probably need to create some custom widgets, such as pins) -Compatible with OpenGL (This is the tricky one... I need some kind of surface object that the 3D engine can both read to use as a texture, as well as being able to write to it, instead of rendering staight to the screen) -I have to be able to possition the widgets anywhere on the screen, not just clumped together in groups like with Gtk boxes. -Being able to draw primitives (Such as lines) Right now I'm figuring out the structure of the program, but I hope to start protoyping soon... BTW, does anybody know where I can find info on creating plug-in structures? Thanks for the help

Drew_Benton    1861
Take a look at CEGUI.

Quote:
BTW, does anybody know where I can find info on creating plug-in structures?

Take a look at this page that contains 4 great links. I personally used the FlipCode article when I was working on some plugin stuff a while back. (Link1, Link2) That project is here if you want to get an idea of something working. (It is confusing at first, I must have read that FC article about a dozen times trying to figure out what was going on)

cignox1    735
Don't know if you can consider it an option, but you may want to use Java and jni to access c++ functions: this way you can use java to manage the GUI, and call your c++ functions for the specific tasks...