Sign in to follow this  
gav86

combo fighting input

gav86    130
Well i want to include a typical "arcade fighting" style control system, ie: double tap "forward" to run, press: "asdgsdajgdsiolgkhsdmfnasbc,nbsdvsfv<left><right><up>asdgashgdhdash" to perform super death hyperactive megakill . . . whatever! you get the point. Anyway does anyone have any links/tips on how other people have done it in the past? I think I'll have to do something like put a timer between button presses, and check the current "chain" against a list of combo moves, then deciding what to do? This is the only way I can think of going about it. . it would just be a lot nicer if there was some much simpler way of doing it! thanks!

pants    147
I don't know of any libs or examples on the net, but the way you described it is how i've always done it.

Quote:
it would just be a lot nicer if there was some much simpler way of doing it!

Simplicity is in the implementation; it shouldn't be too difficult to create a nice class to manage this.

gav86    130
thanks, good to know I won't be going about it in the wrong way!

by simple, i think i meant "a big red button on my keyboard that will code it all for me" ;)

anyway, better get to it!

ender7771    312
This book is about gameboy advance programming, but the author explains how to do it in chapter ten, around page 30:

http://www.jharbour.com/gameboy/default.aspx