Where to start?

Started by
5 comments, last by xtremeprog05 18 years, 6 months ago
Ok so I've been reading C++ in 24 hours by SAMS publishing and Im about 100 pages in...I'm a bit anxious to get into actual game development..any suggestions where I can go to start programming games (I want to start 2d tetris-like game and work my way up to making my own FPS).. thanks in advance
Advertisement
http://www.aaroncox.net/tutorials/arcade/index.html
thanks bro, major props to ya for the quick and helpful reply
no worries, if you have any trouble with C++ check the tutorials on that guys site too, theyre really good (well were for me anyway).

Good luck with the games!
Honestly, I know you're anxious to get into game development, we all were when we started out... but I really, really recommend you learn a lot more about C++ first, maybe find some more online tutorials, buy a new book, and perhaps even venture into other languages like Java before you tackle game development... You'll thank yourself later, because a lot of game development is very complicated stuff thats built on basics from a wide range of programming topics, so the more you know before you get into it, the less you'll tear your hair out.

Good luck :)
Great site i checked it out too thanx
Start Here

some good C++ tutorials:

C Programming
Cone3D

good luck

p.s. I also strongly agree with metal rob, learn as much C++ (or other programming language) as you can first, then move onto game development.

printf("C++ 4 Lifen");

I'm a GL guy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement