Complementary VS 2005

Started by
34 comments, last by Nahoopii 18 years, 5 months ago
Sounds like you can get a complementary copy of Visual Studio 2005 if you attend the launch event. I just registered for the event for free. Being a poor medical student, I will gladly waste a few hours to get the software for free. Also, it sounds like our buddy Steve Ballmer will be delivering the keynote. He's always good for a laugh. :D Go here if you are interested. Hopefully they are going somewhere close to you.
Advertisement
Hmmm theres one in Dallas...thats pretty close to me.
I want VS2005 now but the MSDN servers seem to be overloaded and I can't even sign into the download site [headshake]

Oh well.

It's next Friday that it's generally available, right?

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Seems like there's one in Toronto, but for the Canadian tour page doesn't say anything about free copies of VS2005.

Damnit, and the Toronto date conflicts with my classes. If there's really a free copy of VS2005 for me, screw the classes; otherwise screw the launch event.

EDIT: Us Canadians are getting gypped!

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

It took me a couple tries, but I did finally start my download of the dvd through the msdn subscription page.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

it's full in Edmonton :(
Not even coming to Regina. Bummer.

I think Microsoft forgot about the Saskatchewan ITO.
eedok, taby: Don't worry about it. It's not like we would be getting full copies anyway. [sad]

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Given that the Express editions will probably be suitable for most GDNet'ers it's not too bad about the free copy. ~$50 and it's yours to love and cherish [smile]

Alternatively, it's only a matter of time before it pops up on MSDNAA - which it seems a lot of people round here probably have access to.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Hmmmm is it me or does the midwest and north of the states get a little left out?
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement