[4E4] #5: Against the Dead

Started by
11 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 5 months ago
Image hosted by TinyPic.com One of the top entries in my opinion. Not too big to download and lots of fun shooting action. At first I was like mmmmm FLLLASSH. But then I was like KICKASSS. I gave it a shot. The menus are cool. I don't like the gradient bars tho. Then I started playing and it all added up. Good sound, strategy that takes some time to learn, cartoony graphics, screechs and death-cries, upgrades like an RPG, everything. The way everything reloads. . . the polish of the gameplay ... perfect pacing. This game is a gem to me. And a perfect length IMO. Has *cartoony graphics *lots of weapons *strategy *lots of enemies *levels, upgrades *story Needs *less typos *maybe some power-ups *can't think of much [Edited by - Boder on November 3, 2005 5:16:26 PM]
Advertisement
Definately agreed - for what it is (turret shooter? What would you call it?), it's really a gem. I can't see myself throwing days or weeks into the game, but it's that perfect length for a quick play every now and then.

I could wish for better move responsiveness at times, but I think that's all intentional... strategy, rather than fast clicky action - even if my FPS-trained fingers don't seem to grasp that concept ;)
Agreed. When I started it up it seemed pretty simple, but I gave the first couple of levels a shot, and I couldn't quit until I'd finished the game. It just all fits together, and it's pretty hard to quit before you're done.
Same here, I really liked this entry. I couldnt stop playing because I needed to upgrade ALL of my weapons :). In the end it was a bit easy, I only died once the entire game. There is a really simple strategy to beat the game, and that is: leave the weakest zombie alive in 3 or 4 lanes, they are easy to knock back and move slowly. Then keep killing whatever is in the final lane so you don't accidentally get overwhelmed by vampires, ninjas, or kangsi's.
Could someone tell me where to download these games I can't seem to find it, the contest page doesn't say where they are.
See the sticky at the top of this forum. Or click this
Quote:Original post by Optus
See the sticky at the top of this forum. Or click this

Thanks
You bring a good point, Optus, I was thinking of following that strategy but I decided just to kill everything in sight.

It is a cheap strategy, but maybe the game could be changed to lessen its usefulness. An example is to transform the weaklings into really powerful monsters if they aren't killed after a certain amount of time.
I did like this - it's the only one so far I found fun, rather than a tech-demo of some sort. I liked the polished feel and the idiosyncratic art/language - reminded me of "All your base are belong to us". While I can't see it doing that well in the contest (it has gameplay but not much else) the idea and implementation is nice.
I liked the robot telling you things. It's a nice way to have a tutorial. I plan to do that for my game now [smile]. Hey #5 gets the 5th place!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement