[4E4] #29: Ninja Loves Pirate

Started by
95 comments, last by Gametaku 18 years, 5 months ago
Hello everybody. I am the programmer of Ninja <3 Pirate and I've put together a series of screenshots and some other material from the game. The Fullscreen Problem: But first off I would like to point out something that somehow was overlooked in the manual: Some of you might have had problems when trying to use the game's fullscreen mode. The reason for this most likely that your monitor can't run the required resolution of 320x240. You can fix this by simply pressing the F4-key when game is running. This fullscreen mode is not what we call "true" fullscreen, and it will stretch the game-screen to your current windows resolution. The result will be somewhat less clear then the "true" fullscreen. First off, here is a series of screenshots from the game. Here is a view of the games levels. The once with red crosses on them had to be cut out of the game due to lack of time. But we will defenatly work on them later on. This is all the players, charaters and monsters from the game. There were a few cut out from the final version (but they are not on this image), but they will be in there later! Thank you for trying our game! //DoktorAce
Advertisement
I must say that of all the contest entries I have played so far, yours was my favourite [grin]

Fullscreen mode was no bother for me and I really loved the pixel graphics. I was a little disappointed that the last few levels weren't present so i'm eagerly awaiting the full version [smile]

All the best,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
I agree... well-polished, great art, fun gameplay. Very, very nice.
Wow, dang nice game. It felt like a professional GBA game! [wow]

Also, for some reason the game froze right after I crossed a bridge I just TNTed/dynamited. I could hit ESC and the exit menu would come up but the ninja character wouldn't move. Some sort of a scripting bug?

That minor issue aside, I was very impressed. [smile]
Definitely has a chance of winning.

Story, content, artwork. Really, really good stuff.
I really liked the game, but, is there a walkthrough somewhere? I couldn't figure out where to go after I beat the village.
Yes, I can admit that there are a lack of intructions when it comes to clearing the village.

When you have finnished all three missions (Warehouse, Rich Mans House and The Mines) the guard will tell you that you've done okay, and that there is a boat waiting for you. Simply go to the right, past the mine-entrance, and where you earlier walked up a stairway to get to the warehouse, you can now continue on to the right. When you get to a red house, you can see the "go inside"-icon flashing.. press UP. Now you will have to defend yourself against the games only real boss!

Good Luck!

Oh, and if you wan't to see the background images of the game, please take a look at theese links.

Background Images:
Intro
Jungle
Village
Warehouse
Rich Mans House
Rich Mans House - Inside
The Mines
Yushiro
Boatride
Crater

I hope you've enjoyed the hard work of Mats.

[Edited by - DoktorAce on November 4, 2005 4:25:40 AM]
I am really, really angry at these zombie goats.

Great game.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Well, I was having fun with this one but it froze in the cave level. I'll have to come back and try it again later.
I must say, this was terribly, terribly dissapointing... I mean, all these rave reviews, I thought I was in for a treat... There's a very clear problem with this game that I'm terribly surprised no-one has pointed out yet.

It's TOO SHORT!

All that piratey/ninjay goodness and I'm suddenly shown a "To be continued..." screen??? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This just isn't fair! You get me good and addicted and then tear it out from under me! I swear I'm going through withdrawl! How terribly, terribly cruel.

You guys suck, and I mean that in the absolute best way possible ^_^
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement