motion blending

Started by
15 comments, last by T1Oracle 18 years, 5 months ago
Where can I find information about motion blending?
Advertisement
Here

Google knows all!

ace
I try to use google but I don't find nothing.
I need a tutorial.
This link is very old, but Hugo Elias presents the theory behind stuff pretty well.

Motion Blur

It doesn't talk about how to use recent video cards or any of that stuff, but I started there when I did my motion blur, and I think it was a great starting point.

Good luck!
I don't know motion blur, but I need to motion blending.
I need a algorithm to interpolate between different animations?
Motion blur vs motion blend... I don't really know the difference here. Did you check out the link I gave?
Quote:Original post by alessio55555

Are you referring to morphing for sprites or meshes?
Quote:Original post by alessio55555

Are you talking about keyframe animations involving skeletal models?
I have a milkshape 3d model with several animations.It's a skeletal animation.
I would like a smooth transitions between several animations.For example, I want a smooth transition between walk and run.
I don't think that motion blur it's the solution.
Somebody suggest me motion blending, but I don't find a good tutorial.

If your trying to blend between to animations sets its exactly the same as blending between two animation keyframes. You have a start position (or current position if switching animation sets), you have a destination position and X time allocated to get there. So blending from the current positions of the bones to the first keyframe of a different animation is simple.

Ex:

A---B---C---D---E

M---N---O---P---Q

Assume those are two differnt keyframe animations, the top being walk, and the bottom being run.

If you know how to blend between C and D whats different about blending between D and M? or even D.5 (as in halfway between D and E) and M (or P.5 in some cases)? If you have re written your milkshape class and fully understand what it is really doing you should have no trouble adapting it to do what you asked.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement