Play my game! (screenshots)

Started by
10 comments, last by DimM 18 years, 5 months ago
Check out our first completed game, "Lander Forever"! First some screenshots: Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3 Now the downloads. Go to the main page to see the comic: www.cruciblesoftware.net Or just get it directly here: binary / source I did the coding, and my friend Andrew did the graphics. (his website) He's currently living in Japan, so this game proves that international collaborative efforts over the Internet can be successful. [wink] Play the game, tell your friends, and let us know whatcha thinks! Enjoy!
Advertisement
entertaining.

bit hard to control, but i suppose thats the point...
The velocity is a little wonky, but the game is enjoyable. I love Lunar Lander.
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
I can tell you that I spent five months researching this game by flying real spaceships and landing them on platforms all around the galaxy. I worked out the precise equations for triangular spaceship handling and put them in this game. How the ship handles is as real as it gets. [smile]

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. There are fourteen end-game taunts in total. Try to collect them all!
Far too easy, I played 10 levels without crashing once and got bored. Maybe you could add in wind or something to blow you around, wait, better yet solar wind lol.
codeXtremeif(you->intelligence < radish->intelligence) you->STFU();
Meh, incomplete. Good start, but incomplete.
No fuel burning? No winds? As was stated before -- too easy.

What about increased gravity with fuel burning? Thatd be intense.

and what is this "A winner is you!"

"Sorry mario, the princess is in another castle."

yeesho
AfroFire | Brin"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."-Albert Einstein
true, a bit simple but grat fun!

my best rating for sharing the source!
hahaha that cartoon image from the download site was superb :) very funny...

but it kept me from trying the game... it made be doubtfull about the stability or even the security of the game :) is that only a joke ?

its very funny but will probaly prevent some user to try your game.
Hehe. Yeah, the cartoon is only a joke. [smile] I was worried that it might be a deter some folks, but you should be totally fine.

And the game is pretty simple, but we just wanted to get something done! We've started other projects that were more complex, but never finished them. BTW, those taunts at the end of each round were supposed to make the game a little more interesting. They're mostly phrases from video game pop culture.

We had thought about adding a fuel gauge, but I think adding a fuel gauge and changing the gravity at the same time is a great idea. Maybe I should add in a couple of planets floating randomly placed with their own gravitational pull. An idea for version 2.0. [wink]

Thanks to all for the feedback. It's good to get some outside opinions.
This game rocks.
www.japandrew.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement