Sign in to follow this  

Howdy, Im trying to get some GUI stuff in my app, like buttons sliders and text boxes. I dont want to write it and i dont want to spend to much time integrating it into my app. I dont plan on doing to much with it just the ability to change some vars at runtime. So bassicly I want a gui that is Free Simple ( doesnt require me set up some massive framework ) Compatible with DirectX9 I was wondering if anyone has had any success using the microsoft GUI included without using the sample framework or if anyone knew of anything that sounds like what im looking for. Thanks.

Quote:
Original post by Raymond_Porter420
I was wondering if anyone has had any success using the microsoft GUI included without using the sample framework or if anyone knew of anything that sounds like what im looking for. Thanks.

The DXUT GUI/framework has done me perfectly well - I like it. As with most things: if it does what you want/need, then use it [smile]

Then again, for our larger project I've completely designed/implemented a GUI system from scratch [grin] so I've tried both routes. I'd only ever recommend implementing your own if you know you need the low-level customization (I did) and you're likely to re-use it in the future...

hth
Jack