[4e4] #18 TimeBlasters

Started by
10 comments, last by paulecoyote 18 years, 5 months ago
Would love to hear some feedback, it's my first proper game :) Contests are a great motivator for getting things done. Has anyone managed to finish it on either difficulty levels? Are the use of secondary function powerups confusing? Does four player on one keyboard work? Download [11mb]
Advertisement
I've only played the single player mode and got to level 4 (the one with the ice blocks turning into snowballs. It's a pretty addicting game and a nice twist on the bomberman-style gameplay. The secondary powerups are all pretty much straight forward to me.

Do you have to destroy all of the snowballs in that level to advance? I found it pretty hard to win in the given time limit; whenever I was close to winning, *another* one would spawn :(
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
Yep all the snowballs have to be destroyed, I actually increased the number of them as some people didn't find it challenging enough when they died in one hit! It's all in the powerups ;)

I just played a little bit since I was rushing through the entries in the beginning. Now I will sit down and get to playing.

I remember playing this at least once in the past and it's come a long way with the polish. The gameplay feels great now and you have unique levels and a tutorial to boot. Congratulations on your accomplishment.
I have completed it three times allready.
Now my kids want me to beat it again co-op.
Very cool, much fun :)
Wouldn't load for me on this box, said something about not being able to get the keyboard, then got stuck on a picture of a cow. Then when I uninstalled it, it was giving me chain-letter style threats!
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
That's great if your kids can play it! This game was written for me as a kid spending countless hours playing co-op on an amateur version of Bomberman written in QBasic thinking one day I wanted to make my own version...

Paulcoyote, what are your specs? The keyboard error is when it can't initialize DirectInput, but it falls back on windows input so it should still work. If it gets stuck after the cow I can only imagine it's the memory leak in windows 98 (hence min. OS is XP/2000) or your specs are lower than the minimum I've tested on (700mhz with 512mb ram) where it was still playable but the transition screens were a bit jerky.
haha I also played that version of bomberman. The homing missiles are hardcore. :-D

This is a crappy MSI "footprint" machine (A Hermes 845GL), with 512meg, Intel "Extreme" graphics set (though the primary monitor it was on was a Geforce 5500 PCI was 128meg), P4 1.7 gig. Windows 2000 SP4, all the patches yadda yadda yadda.

It was wierd, because the mouse pointer left the first monitor and wouldn't leave the second or third. Had to bring up task manager and quit the game, which then brought back access to my primary screen.

It's soundchipset (Realtek ALC650) is part of the reason I didn't get my entry in, because I had to try and figure out how to detect and code around it so the game would be stable and all that (judges exact hardware details not to be known). That and I'm a bit of a perfectionist and can't stand the thought of unstable code being released out in to the big wide world with my name on it [smile].
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Ran very well on my Duron 750MHz, GF2MX. In fact the 'completed' feel of this game means I'd be unsuprised to see this make top-5, depending how important the fact it's a retro-style game is. Very well integrated and polished.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement