[web] Dynamic Flash

Started by
0 comments, last by EmperiorRune 18 years, 5 months ago
I am in the infancy of discovering my flash programs potential. I was wondering if FLash is a good thing to base a site off of, and how you make the real dynamic details. For Example: shadows, shading, etc. I would like any links for help and personal knowledge. Thank you in advance. PS. If anyone has a good library of symbols that are of very general use, could i maybe borrow them, considering my library is basically vacant.
"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written." - Henry Miller.http://emn1ty.deviantart.com
Advertisement
You can make data dynamic by three ways that I'm aware of. You can load a seperate html page, and parse it somehow into your flash move. You can load XML into your flash page. Or finally.. you can use the XML object to create a TCP/IP connection to your server..

The methods for provide each type of application will require that you probably learn a server side include like PHP/MySQL, unless you plan on editting a static page to make your flash "dynamic". Additionally it depends on what sorta data you are going to display in the Flash movie.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement