Sign in to follow this  
GiveUsATank

3D Mathematics

I am busy learning the mathematics of 3d rotation, i started with the form1.Line function in vb to rotate around the Z-Axis, but the problem is, vb's form only has X and Y axis', i was wondering if someone could tell me how to add a Z-Axis to a VB form which has only X and Y so that i could rotate around the Y and X axis as well thank you

The System.Drawing namespace doesn't support 3D. So if you want to do 3D in Windows Forms, you'll have to roll your own from scratch and project your 3D coordinate space into the Form's. Orthographic projects are very easy - just pick two of the coordinates and map them to the form's x/y. So I reckon tht would be the way to go.

Quote:
Original post by GiveUsATank
I am busy learning the mathematics of 3d rotation, i started with the form1.Line function in vb to rotate around the Z-Axis, but the problem is, vb's form only has X and Y axis', i was wondering if someone could tell me how to add a Z-Axis to a VB form which has only X and Y so that i could rotate around the Y and X axis as well

thank you

The links below might help.

Part1
Part2

As the previous post stated, if you want to do 3D you'll have to learn how to projections (covered in part2 above).