• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
philengland

a simple matrix problem

This topic is 4641 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Am just doin an exercise and have a problem...the idea is 2 shear a 2d image. when trying 2 set up the matrix and ran into a problem. The full program with everythin else is fine. it still compiles and runs but this viewport does not display as i get 2 warnings saying warning C4047: 'function' : 'const float *' differs in levels of indirection from 'float [4][4]' warning C4024: 'glLoadMatrixf' : different types for formal and actual parameter 1 the code is below... float shearMatrix[4][4]; //decared earlier void display(void) { shearMatrix[0][0] = 1.0; shearMatrix[0][1] = 0.0; shearMatrix[0][2] = 0.0; shearMatrix[0][3] = 0.0; shearMatrix[1][0] = 2.0; shearMatrix[1][1] = 1.0; shearMatrix[1][2] = 0.0; shearMatrix[1][3] = 0.0; shearMatrix[2][0] = 0.0; shearMatrix[2][1] = 0.0; shearMatrix[2][2] = 1.0; shearMatrix[2][3] = 0.0; shearMatrix[3][0] = 0.0; shearMatrix[3][1] = 0.0; shearMatrix[3][2] = 0.0; shearMatrix[3][3] = 1.0; glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT) ; // clear the background glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION) ; glPushMatrix(); glViewport(200,0,200,200); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadMatrixf(shearMatrix); initials(); //calls polygon co-ordinates for the image glPopMatrix(); glutSwapBuffers() ; } Any guidance or a solution would be excellent. Thanks

Advertisement
cheers mate thats perfect!

i tried the first 1 originally this mornin but i still had problems but the 2nd worked fine so im chuffed

i used the rating thing for u...extremely helpful :)

Although, you can use float shearMatrix[4][4] if you like also, it's much simpler since it makes it more obvious how to access row and column info. Just cast it to float* of GLfloat* as JohnBolton told you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!