Sign in to follow this  
datxcod

Little problem (Network)

Ok here's the deal: I want to make a program (with login & password fields) that would let me connect to certain website(not mine) ,from the program itself. IE: I open the program, write my login name and password, click a connect button and I connect to my gamedev account. is that possible ? I don't have much sockets/TCIP/online programming experience. So I would like you to recommend me what to learn. Should I start with sockets ? after? PS: I know win32 really well. Notice that I'm trying to connect to a website that's not mine (but I do have accounts on the website, ie: gamedev). Thank you.

I know you can embed Internet Explorer in an application and send it wherever you want from the program. I think you're ability to logon automatically is mainly limited by your knowledge of HTML and/or Java/ASP or whatever is being used to do the actual log on.

PS: If you lookup "Internet Explorer Architecture" in the index of the Platform SDK it will give you an overview of using IE from an application.