Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
emperor_moore

[web] E-commerce project

This topic is 4701 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi I am doing an electronic commerce course this semester. I have a project which entails designing a website which sells a product to my fellow students. One of the requirements for this project is that you can not sell the item for more that one cent. I want to provide an online resource centre which will contains links to websites with materials related to their courses. The students I am targeting is computer science undergraduates. Additionally, i want to put up a forum so they can post their questions about particular topics. What I want to know is: If I provide links to other websites is their some legal technically preventing me from doing this if my site is making a profit What is the best Content Management Software (opensource of course) that I can use to create a forum with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
First, Google makes money off showing links to other web sites all the time... so I don't think you'd have any legal ramifications doing that.

Second, I'd use either PHPNuke or PHPbb. I know the later is open source... I havn't played with the former very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmm, content management, phpnuke, mambo, and for a free BBS, phpbb is a good start. Out of curiosity though, you mentioned e-commerce, how do you plan on "selling" things? What exactly are you selling, links? Is this going to require a subscription type thing, where you pay a penny to view a bunch of links? Anyhow, those were just a few questions I was thinking over..

Later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by emperor_moore
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.


Ok i see. Well, how do you plan on collecting payment for each subscription?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by LoPing
Quote:
Original post by emperor_moore
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.


Ok i see. Well, how do you plan on collecting payment for each subscription?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by LoPing
Quote:
Original post by emperor_moore
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.


Ok i see. Well, how do you plan on collecting payment for each subscription?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by LoPing
Quote:
Original post by emperor_moore
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.


Ok i see. Well, how do you plan on collecting payment for each subscription?


Since I have no credit card I guess I will have to collect the money from them manually. This is the only option I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was just thinking that I was just scrap the forums and do a blog about some controversial topics at my school. Is there any technology out thhere which simplifies implementing a blog that I can use with mambo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!