[web] E-commerce project

Started by
9 comments, last by sinx 18 years, 5 months ago
Hi I am doing an electronic commerce course this semester. I have a project which entails designing a website which sells a product to my fellow students. One of the requirements for this project is that you can not sell the item for more that one cent. I want to provide an online resource centre which will contains links to websites with materials related to their courses. The students I am targeting is computer science undergraduates. Additionally, i want to put up a forum so they can post their questions about particular topics. What I want to know is: If I provide links to other websites is their some legal technically preventing me from doing this if my site is making a profit What is the best Content Management Software (opensource of course) that I can use to create a forum with
Advertisement
First, Google makes money off showing links to other web sites all the time... so I don't think you'd have any legal ramifications doing that.

Second, I'd use either PHPNuke or PHPbb. I know the later is open source... I havn't played with the former very much.

Hmm, content management, phpnuke, mambo, and for a free BBS, phpbb is a good start. Out of curiosity though, you mentioned e-commerce, how do you plan on "selling" things? What exactly are you selling, links? Is this going to require a subscription type thing, where you pay a penny to view a bunch of links? Anyhow, those were just a few questions I was thinking over..

Later!
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.
AFAIK there's no legal restriction to linking websites from a commercial website.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Quote:Original post by emperor_moore
I am sellin subscription to the site. I realise that students have problems finding resources for courses like programming. since most of them hate to constantly search anyway I will just provide some of the links on my site. In addition they can also ask me for assistance on their assignments. Since I am a final year I have covered most of the material therefore I will know where to get most of the material. forums will me also used as a communication mechanism.

Ok i see. Well, how do you plan on collecting payment for each subscription?
Quote:Original post by LoPing

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Since I have no credit card I guess I will have to collect the money from them manually. This is the only option I have.
I was just thinking that I was just scrap the forums and do a blog about some controversial topics at my school. Is there any technology out thhere which simplifies implementing a blog that I can use with mambo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement