• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
iequalshane

Ink/Paint Sketchy Shader (Added Pics and Movies)

This topic is 4698 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Was designing this shader for work. Looking for opinions on the shader and what I should add to this or create next. I'm looking to make a series of realtime non-photorealistic shaders for work. [Edited by - iequalshane on November 6, 2005 3:02:39 PM]

Advertisement
Very good work. Reminds me a little of Dali's Hallucinogenic Toreador!

Could you pose both shaded models in the same orientation, for a better comparison? Not that the effect is unnoticeable or anything. :)

This can't be single pass. I don't know of any way to get that type of pixel jittering unless you've rendered to a texture first.

I could be wrong, I suppose, but I think that would require either an EXTREMELY well tessalated mesh or some sort of PS 3.0 feature I've never heard about.

No sadly I couldn't do it in 1 pass. The outline and fill colors are rendered into 2 different texture targets and then they are combined with an offset and multiplication. This is using PS2.0, no 3.0 features were needed.

Quote:
Original post by taby
Could you pose both shaded models in the same orientation, for a better comparison? Not that the effect is unnoticeable or anything. :)

Second.

It looks awesome ...great work!

Would love to see a vid/animation of that variation rotating.

Regards,
ViLiO

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!