Ink/Paint Sketchy Shader (Added Pics and Movies)

Started by
12 comments, last by iequalshane 18 years, 5 months ago
Was designing this shader for work. Looking for opinions on the shader and what I should add to this or create next. I'm looking to make a series of realtime non-photorealistic shaders for work. [Edited by - iequalshane on November 6, 2005 3:02:39 PM]
Advertisement
Wow. This is one of the best NPR shaders I've seen so far. Is it single pass?
Very good work. Reminds me a little of Dali's Hallucinogenic Toreador!

Could you pose both shaded models in the same orientation, for a better comparison? Not that the effect is unnoticeable or anything. :)
This can't be single pass. I don't know of any way to get that type of pixel jittering unless you've rendered to a texture first.

I could be wrong, I suppose, but I think that would require either an EXTREMELY well tessalated mesh or some sort of PS 3.0 feature I've never heard about.
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]
No sadly I couldn't do it in 1 pass. The outline and fill colors are rendered into 2 different texture targets and then they are combined with an offset and multiplication. This is using PS2.0, no 3.0 features were needed.
Quote:Original post by taby
Could you pose both shaded models in the same orientation, for a better comparison? Not that the effect is unnoticeable or anything. :)

Second.
Ok here is the requested pic of the same orientation.

Here is another render with some variations I'm playing with.

So what do you think?
It looks awesome ...great work!

Would love to see a vid/animation of that variation rotating.

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Give me a couple minutes... I'll upload something :-)
Here is the movie of the first variation:
Movie1
And a movie of the second:
Movie2

Sorry about the bad quality, I was using fraps :-/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement