DEV Quick Question

Started by
2 comments, last by deavik 18 years, 5 months ago
I have asked about the errors i get from DEV C++ several times and now I think my problem is that I have copies of glut libraries, but I also have several copies of DEV CPP on m computer in different places (dont ask why), would this affect my compilers errors wiht Glut because before I start over i need to know if I need to get rid off all the duplicates. Also do I have to get the glut library or just the package that goes in the pakman program, because dev comes with the glut.h library? I am really confused, I need help from the begging with glut to solve this error, all help is very much so appreciated.
Dont need one.... i'm so cool, dont ask me just do what you do..... meet me in the trap its going down....
Advertisement
Preferably use the glut.h and glut.lib which comes with the glut libraries. Secondly multiple copies of mingw and Dev-c++ won't matter as long as you haven't set all of them into the path. But to make life easier just remove the duplicates. Lastly Dev-C++ allows you to set the compiler path, the compiler to use etc so if you choose that option there will be no conflicts.

But I suggest you just start clean and have one installed copy.
The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
Make sure you include it in your parameters.
One of the most frequent source of errors is when you have different versions of lglut32 (the lib), glut.h and glut32.dll. Search around on the internet for a place where you can get all 3 together, or of course you can use the Dev-C++ packages.

About your other question, it does actually matter if you installed glut and put the dll in your system folder. Look in %systemroot% or %systemroot%/system32 and try to find glut32.dll. Replace it when you do a clean glut install.

Hope that gets you up and running! [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement