Milkshape3D

Started by
5 comments, last by TOOCOOL_4181 18 years, 5 months ago
Hello everyone i am trying to use the milkshape3D software for the first time... i have no clue how to work with the program... i have gone through some of the tutorials and still confused... i would like to know whether there is some way to import images in the milkshape3d program.... if anyone has a sample of the image made in this program or has impoted an image from somewhere into the program directly, plz let me know and i would like to go through it and understand the tips of it... onece the image is created can i do the coding in the C++ language... Plz let me know the details of the problem.... Thank you
Advertisement
Hello, I don't know how much you know yet but here's a simple example on how to create a polygon and display an image/texture on it:

1. Make sure you're in the "Model" tab.
2. Click "Vertex" and put three vertices in one of the viewports.
3. Click "Face" and select each of the three vertices once to create a triangular polygon surface between them, now you have a polygon.
4. Click the "Materials" tab, materials are different textures, in the tab click the "New" button to create a new material named "Material01".
5. There are also two buttons which says "<none>" in the tab, click the upper one and an open dialog shows, locate the image you want to display then open it using the dialog, you should now see your image mapped onto a sphere in the tab.
6. Click the "Groups" tab, you should have a group called "Triangles <No Material>", this is the triangle you created before, select the group in the list and click the "Select" button in the "Group" frame so that the vertices become colored red (selected) in the viewport. Switch to the Materials tab again, click Materials01 and click the "Assign" button. This assigns the material to the group of vertices/surface.
7. Select the "Window" menu and "Texture coordinate editor" or press Ctrl T, in the editor, click "Remap" and close it, this maps the vertices onto the image.
8. Maye you can't see the image in the 3D viewport yet, but right click the viewport and select "Textured", rotate in the viewport and you should see the polygon with the image on it.
hello

Thank you very much for a little bit explanation of how to create a ploygon... well is there any way to import an image from other folders in to the milkshape 3d.... can anyone else explain me a lillte bit more on this program milkshape3d

Thank you

Regards
hey im just making a new format for milkshape (one file dose all (textures,coords, etc)).

the question u r asking dosnt realy make sence,
1 you can import an image as back ground.
2 you can use an image to texture your models

A1, look throught the (TOP) menue you will find something that lest u open an image as background ie so u can make a similar model i think that function is called select background image!

A2, click on select, then look down thr are three tabs vertex,face,group,joint
ir similar, if u want to assign textures you need to select some faces then make them into groups, to test if the grouping has worked (select)-(group) then click on a veiw from witch u can see members of that group when u click on it multipel faces (the ones in that group) should highlit, then go to materials click NEW, then <NONE> <-- the button that says "<NONE>" a file loader will come up select your image then assign it, to change the coords click on "windows(TOP MENU) then "texture coord editor" play arounf with that box and do some simple tests like texturing 1 polygon, its tricky at first but just play around with it and look for more tutorials.
Hello

Well i would like to have some information about how to make a small gun in the milkshape3d... if anyone can give me some step by step tips on how to create a samll gun or how to load a gun from other clip art into the milkshape3d program...

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me in this task for me..

Thankyou in advance

Regards
Modeling a gun with milkshape
Hello

Can anyone plz expalin me or give some set by step tips on how to create a simple gun in the milkshape3d.... i really need some help

thank you

regards

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement