Sign in to follow this  
rogerdv

problem with configure scripts

Recommended Posts

Another team member generated the autotools scripts for the project using eclipse. After some time, Im trying to test the project in Linux, but I cant generate the makefile, the configure script halts at generating config.status, cannot find input file infig.status Im using automake 1.8.3 and autoconf 2.59. I have used all possible combinations to generate the scripts, by running bootstrap or automake/autoconf and the result is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here is configure.in

AC_INIT(configure.in)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(Tower, 0.1)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

AC_ISC_POSIX
CXXFLAGS=""
AC_SUBST(CXXFLAGS)
AC_PROG_CXX
AM_PROG_CC_STDC
AC_HEADER_STDC
AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

dnl Checks for programs.
dnl Checks for libraries.
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ogre, [OGRE >= 0.15])
AC_SUBST(ogre_CFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(ogre_LIBS)

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(vorbis, [vorbis >= 1.0.1])
AC_SUBST(vorbis_CFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(vorbis_LIBS)

dnl Checks for header files.
dnl Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
dnl Checks for library functions.
dnl Checks for Additional stuffs.
GETTEXT_PACKAGE=Tower
AC_SUBST(GETTEXT_PACKAGE)
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "$GETTEXT_PACKAGE", [Package name for gettext])


dnl Languages which your application supports
ALL_LINGUAS=""
AM_GNU_GETTEXT
AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION(0.10.40)

dnl Set PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR in config.h.
if test "x${prefix}" = "xNONE"; then
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR, "${ac_default_prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale")
else
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR, "${prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale")
fi


dnl Set PACKAGE SOURCE DIR in config.h.
packagesrcdir=`cd $srcdir && pwd`

dnl Set PACKAGE PREFIX
if test "x${prefix}" = "xNONE"; then
packageprefix=${ac_default_prefix}
else
packageprefix=${prefix}
fi

dnl Set PACKAGE DATA & DOC DIR
packagedatadir=share
packagedocdir=doc/${PACKAGE}

dnl Set PACKAGE DIRS in config.h.
packagepixmapsdir=${packagedatadir}/pixmaps
packagehelpdir=${packagedatadir}/help
packagemenudir=${packagedatadir}

dnl Subst PACKAGE_DATA_DIR.
NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_DATA_DIR="${packagedatadir}"
AC_SUBST(NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_DATA_DIR)
PACKAGE_DATA_DIR="${packageprefix}/${packagedatadir}"
AC_SUBST(PACKAGE_DATA_DIR)

dnl Subst PACKAGE_DOC_DIR.
NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_DOC_DIR="${packagedocdir}"
AC_SUBST(NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_DOC_DIR)
PACKAGE_DOC_DIR="${packageprefix}/${packagedocdir}"
AC_SUBST(PACKAGE_DOC_DIR)

dnl Subst PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR.
NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR="${packagepixmapsdir}"
AC_SUBST(NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR)
PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR="${packageprefix}/${packagepixmapsdir}"
AC_SUBST(PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR)

dnl Subst PACKAGE_HELP_DIR.
NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_HELP_DIR="${packagehelpdir}"
AC_SUBST(NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_HELP_DIR)
PACKAGE_HELP_DIR="${packageprefix}/${packagehelpdir}"
AC_SUBST(PACKAGE_HELP_DIR)

dnl Subst PACKAGE_MENU_DIR.
NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_MENU_DIR="${packagemenudir}"
AC_SUBST(NO_PREFIX_PACKAGE_MENU_DIR)
PACKAGE_MENU_DIR="${packageprefix}/${packagemenudir}"
AC_SUBST(PACKAGE_MENU_DIR)

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_DATA_DIR, "${packageprefix}/${packagedatadir}")
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_DOC_DIR, "${packageprefix}/${packagedocdir}")
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR, "${packageprefix}/${packagepixmapsdir}")
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_HELP_DIR, "${packageprefix}/${packagehelpdir}")
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_MENU_DIR, "${packageprefix}/${packagemenudir}")
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR, "${packagesrcdir}")

AC_OUTPUT([
Makefile
intl/Makefile
po/Makefile.in
include/Makefile
src/Makefile
])

And this is Makefile.am

SUBDIRS = intl po include src

towerdocdir = ${prefix}/doc/Tower
towerdoc_DATA = README COPYING AUTHORS ChangeLog INSTALL NEWS TODO ABOUT-NLS

EXTRA_DIST = $(towerdoc_DATA)

# Copy all the spec files. Of cource, only one is actually used.
dist-hook:
for specfile in *.spec; do if test -f $$specfile; then cp -p $$specfile $(distdir); fi done

And I was wrong, they were generated by Anjuta, not eclipse.
I tried to clean all and generate with automake/autoconf, also copied bootstrap scripts and tried again, but in both cases i got the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Try removing every build-system related file from the top level directory except bootstrap, configure.in and Makefile.am. Most importantly, remove autom4te.cache. Then use bootstrap to recreate everything from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this