Sign in to follow this  
sd_iconoclast

What does "Stream 0 size is too small" mean?

My Dx9 application has suddenly stopped working. I am getting a "Stream 0 size is too small" error on my call to DrawIndexedPrimitive(). What does this mean? Does it mean that the index buffer does not contain enough indexes to render the number of primitives specified? I checked this, it does not seem to be the problem . Is it referring to the size of the index buffer or the size of the vertex buffer? Is there a dictionary somewhere that tells what these Directx error messages mean? Your help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Original post by ace_lovegrove
I believe it is the vertex buffer. You never specify the size of the index buffer.

ace

I do not understand, How can the vertex buffer be too small?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but the first parameter to CreateIndexBuffer()is length, which specifies its size in bytes. This is also the way that the size of the vertex buffer is specified in CreateVertexBuffer(). Have I misunderstood something?

They both take the size in bytes to determine the size. The only time i have ever got the error your describing was when i was asking the DIP call to render to many primitives. Either that or one of the parameters in the DIP call is simply out of range of the buffers.

ace

Thanks Ace, That is the best explanation that I have to go on.
Here is another clue. I have not touched this code in months. Now suddenly I get this error.
I have copied this project to two other computers. On one of them, it produces the same error. On the other it works fine. What the Heck is going on?