Sign in to follow this  
Kincaid

Tool Buttons

Hello again everyone, I'm using Visual C++ (a win32 application) to make a terrain editor using openGL. I project my openGL scene within a dialog box (which I simply build using the resource editor) which also contains al the control-buttons etc. I would like to use icons/bitmaps on the (check) buttons to give it a real photoshop-like look. By adding a 'picture' to the dialog in the resource editor you can select a bitmap for it or a icon. This works fine when testing but not when running the program (nothing shows up) I've been searching internet a lot the last few days on everything on dialogs. I find al lot containing MFC (not realy sure what this is exactly) application and classwizardz, but this doesn't work with an win32 application does it ? The resource editor adds classes for me with include "astfx.h" (or something) but this file isn't found. So how can I get the most control over my buttons ?? It would be perfect if I did have those classes (the ones VC++ generates from the resource editor )to control everthing about my dialog boxes and buttons Any suggestions or links to good tutorials ?

stdfx.h is a precompiled header. If you don't want this one in your projects than you have to deselect the Precompiled Headers checkbox when creating the projects. Otherwise you can manually delete it from the project and then turn of precompiled headers in the project properties.

MFC stands for Microsoft Foundation Classes, and i personally can't see why anyone would want to use them.

ace

Ok, so no MFC (pfew :) ) and no stdafx (I couldn't get it to work anyways)

So that's the don't, but what's the do ?
What do I need to get control over such things ?

It looks like it some option somewhere in the editor or sumthing since it goes well with the test, but not on runtime?
Guess I'm looking for some code like LoadIcon and such