Sign in to follow this  
kimi

What should I do

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. I have downloded Real time cloud rendering and lightining by Andrei Stoian but I am not able to open it in Visual studio. I have VB 6 enterprise edition installed in my pc. I have also tried to open some simple games like Blockers, Tanks but I am getting the same error: "The selected file is not a valid visual studio solution file". What should I do, I have no idea about it.

Are you sure the cloudrenderer is written in VB? Most IDE's can open source code at least as textfiles even if they dont cant compile, do you get any error messages? Are you sure its open source to? Because if its like a demo, an .exe file, you wont be able to open it.

Same goes for the simple games. You cant open executables and see the source code. You need the source code for games if you are to open them in your IDE.

I just looked at that article, and it's in C++. You can't use it with VB.

You could download a C++ compiler/IDE (like Dev-C++) and download the OpenGL libraries to get it to work though.

Thanks for replies. I din't know how it should work so I installed VB 6 and after that I saw VB icon and thought that be clicking it should open. Athough I was able to view the contents src folder.

Thanks again for your replies.