• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
armond

OpenGL Progress report...

This topic is 4784 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'd just like to share what I'm aleady doing now. Well I'm halfway in finishing reading the redbook chapter 2. I was just playing around with the examples and little by little... I'm trying to get more confident with the API. I have to admit some math along the way is really giving me a headache... But on some aspects... I could very well relate to them. When I browse through the boards (OpenGL) there are still a lot of things that you guys talk about and are very foreign to me... But I guess it'll just take some time before I could go on with the flow... I'm still using Glut as my windowing toolkit. However, I would soon like to switch to SDL. I have heard of its great performances with OpenGL. I downloaded the libray, docs and stuff but I guess I'm just not smart enough to make it work... I'm currently not at home right now so maybe I'll just post the error messages I get again sometime. First things first... I'd like to ask if you guys know a link that teaches how to configure the following... Dev-Cpp + SDL I tried copying the header files and libs from the SDL zip file(mingw) and pasted them on the include and lib folders respectively... However I get a linker error... What could be the problem?

Advertisement
try going to project->project options->compiler->linker options and typing in

-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL

then it should work...

otherwise post the error codes

are you using the correct "main"?

You'll get linker errors if you use int main() instead of int main(int argc, char** argv) with SDL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!