• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Brainwashed Dude

Can't install BOOST using MSVC++ Toolkit 2003

This topic is 4613 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I keep on getting linker errors while installing BOOST 1.33.0 with MSVC++ Tooolkit 2003, even after invoking vcvars32.bat and changing the MSVC 7.1 root. I need help in installing it succesfully. Thanks P.S.: I still have MSVC++ 6.0 installed. Could be the source of the problem?

Advertisement
Have you downloaded the Jam build tools? This is the system Boost uses instead of the more commonly found makefiles, for help on building and installing Boost use this guide.

Thanks, but I've already done that. This is what I typed into the command line:

bjam.exe "-sVC71_ROOT=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003" install

EDIT: My version of Platform SDK is BADLY dated...

I repeatedly get "failed to build vc-C++ bin\Boost..." whenever vcvars32.bat is called. I can't build the dlls but have no problems with the static libraries.

Also get "failed to build A because of the lack of B". And I don't have the header 'wtypes.h'.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!