Sign in to follow this  
Virii

Which is better?

Which field makes more money/is more rewarding in the end? Game development and programming (Software Engineering) or Web development (PHP, HTML, etc.)? Which field makes more money for high end jobs?

It depends really. Right now there is an internet technology boom. If you can manage to come up with something on the side of new concepts or technology, then you are in it for the big bucks. Just look at Digg, Google, Viral Advertising, and Pixel Advertising. All of those web areas are under heavy usage right now, and there is quite a boom going on. You can read the news yourself on to what kind of money is invloved.

As for games and programming, it's well about the same. If you can get up into the game development for the big names, or you manage to start your own, or create something 'new', and you are *good*, it's a lot of money waiting to be made. It's not easy of course, but the benefits are there for you.

So in the end, it's only as rewarding as you see it. I mean you can do the most boring thing, and be rich, but you might not see that as rewarding if your not enjoying your work. If all you care about is money, then well, it's very rewarding. I'd say if you are looking for something right now, I'd hit up the internet side of things while they are still hot.