[c#]how render the same scene in two different windows?

Started by
6 comments, last by Say 18 years, 5 months ago
i've listened about swap chain or view ports, but i don't know how use it. I've made a serching with google or gamedev and other but nothing. Is here someone can light me!
Advertisement
- for multiple regions of *one* window, use viewports.

- for multiple windows (two or more different windows), use multiple swap chains.

From your topic it sounds like you need multiple swap chains, take a look at the following topics in the [managed] DirectX SDK documentation:

DirectX SDK ->
Introducing DirectX 9.0 ->
Direct3D Graphics ->
Getting Started with Direct3D ->
Direct3D Surfaces ->
What is a Swap Chain

DirectX SDK ->
Introducing DirectX 9.0 ->
Direct3D Graphics ->
Getting Started with Direct3D ->
Direct3D Rendering ->
Presenting a Scene ->
Multiple Views in Windowed Mode

DirectX SDK ->
How Do I ... ? ->
Handle a Device (Direct3D) ->
Create an Additional Swap Chain

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

There's actually a neat special case hack you can do. D3D allows you to present to an alternate hWnd. So first present with all 0s, and then the second time, give it the hWnd of the other window. This has worked well for me in the past, with very simple double-display.

Notice that you can't change anything about the two scenes this way.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I know what is a swap chain, the problem i've never seen c# code about creation of swap chains!!!
Please answer my question. Where can i find it? Or I there someone can show me a bit of code?

Quote:
Notice that you can't change anything about the two scenes this way.

what does it mean?
CodeSampler.com have an example for swap chain.
friend i know all these sites!
But it is c++! i need c#
my website
www.robydx.135.it

http://www.notjustcode.it

DirectX tutorial

tnx robydx i've sent you a pesonal message

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement