who can host my demo files for free?

Started by
9 comments, last by xycos 18 years, 5 months ago
Hello I need a website to host my game demo. I have been using Ripway but had some trouble. Can anoyone make some recommendations please. Cheers ;p [Edited by - bobbinus on November 9, 2005 4:50:10 PM]
Advertisement
I'm really new at all of this and am not sure exactly what you are looking for but I do know that there's several free web hosting sites available out there if you think that might help you out.

One you may want to try is Bravenet.com, it has a website wizard that's really easy to use. If you want to go with a more professional look you can always try tkminds they are free also but you'd need to make a website template to get started really quickly.

Cheers!
thanks but i dont want to actually have a webpage. I just my files hosted so that i can give some ppl a link and by clicking on it they will be able to download the files.
How large are the files and how many?
I could possibly put them on my web site for a while.
2.4MB, 1 zip file
If you do have a website, you can run a tracker then use bittorrent to give it to all your friends. This would be a better solution as your demo files get larger.
PM sent, if you are looking for something cheap and very realible with excelent features for your website down the line, I will reccomend to you what I use (which as recommend to me by Rob Loach [wink]), 1Portfolio. Very great price and performance for the web space. You have to have your own domain name though, unless they now offer them (I saw some new add for that, but not sure where it applies)
I can host it for you, totally free. I have a lot of space/bandwidth that I'm not using.

drop me a PM.
www.DevImg.net - you can host screenshots too and it has a download counter. Totally free and generally great - created by CGameProgrammer from this site.

Or recently I've come across : www.SaveFile.com - free up to 60MB file hosting, unlimited downloads and a download counter.
gdnet+

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement