Sound converting problem wma-wav

Started by
2 comments, last by Mantrid 18 years, 5 months ago
Hey all, I got a minor problem, I want to convert a .wma sound file to a .wav sound file, and was wondering if DirectX could help me with this task. However, it seems this that DirectX do NOT support any kind of sound file conversion. Can this really be true ? One way to go would be to utilize the ACM functions (Audio Compression Manager), but is there any other way I can convert a .wma file to a .wav file (or stream) ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks ..
www.pokersniffer.org
Advertisement
Are you trying to write an app that does this: convert the file? Or are you just trying to convert the file offline for use in your app?

If the latter, check out Sound Forge; it ussually does everything like this.

Matt
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]

I need to convert a *.wma file runtime into *.wav and pass the wav file to the DirectSound system. No offline processing. Its is so that that DirectSound9 only takes wav (uncompressed) data into their buffers for playback/mixing etc.

The problem is that I have a huge amound of sound files, and they need to be stored as wma, otherwise they can not be on a single CD-ROM for shipping.

And it has to be wma (company rules ....!) :)

Any help on how to convert wma -> wav (runtime)
www.pokersniffer.org
directshow plays wma i think?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement