• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Basiror

What to store in a pack format?

This topic is 4700 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi So I got the whole archive code done, however I need to refine it now. So I wonder what information about the archived files I should store The following comes into my mind: - file size - time stamps of the file (last modified ....) - relative path information - filename of course this is what i would store for each file entry and in the archive header : - number of entries - largest entry size - offset of entry table(usually located at the end of the file) - maybe author and a copy right notice? - version number is there anything else you could think of that i missed?

Advertisement
the format is almost done, infact its not a lot of work to do luckily:)

but thx for the link

btw is it true that the maximum filename length(filename + pathinformation) may not be longer than 255 bytes on windows?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!