• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hermes

[web] link button ...doPostBack nothing

This topic is 4608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Whenever i run my web application from another computer than the one it was deployed , when i click a link button nothing happens. I have a single instruction at that event (Response.Redirect).I see in the browser the intention of java script LinkButton1 doPostBack , but no redirection. I have no clue why is this happening. THX

Advertisement
You seem a little confused.

Are you using javascript to achieve this? Or is this an ASP or ASP.NET application?

Response.Redirect is a function of ASP or ASPNET. It can only be used on the server side, and has no business being in client-side scripts.

Please post more info about your environment, with specific attention to:

- Are you using client or server-side scripting
- What language(s) are you using for each of them
- What application server are you using (.e.gh ASP or ASPNET)?

Mark

well ...yes i'm a bit confused...i'm working on ASP.NET(C#) for just 2 weeks now.I mentioned the java script doPostBack event just becouse this was what it was written in the ie task bar. Are you saying that i can't run the application from another computer?

THX a lot

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!