Newbie Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by wortel 18 years, 5 months ago
Shame my first post had to be a help request... I did look around to see if there was already help for this topic but i couldn't find any anyway, i got hold of VS.net 2003 and directx SDK. After working on some code that works on my local university's computers (i'm a student), i went to build the code and received this error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dxerr9.lib' now i looked around in the VS.net folder on my machine, it wasn't there. after looking in the DXSDK folder i found it. Please could someone help me with this problem? Note: i'm new at using these software
Advertisement
Right click on your project in the solution explorer then select properties.

Click Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories, then add the path to you lib file into this list.
ok, i followed what you said, but it gave way to six more problems:

DXUT.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DSwapChain9
DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DBaseTexture9
DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DTexture9
DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DCubeTexture9
DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DVolumeTexture9
DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateFontIndirectW@12 referenced in function "public: long __thiscall CDXUTResourceCache::CreateFontIndirectW(struct IDirect3DDevice9 *,struct _D3DXFONT_DESCW const *,struct ID3DXFont * *)" (?CreateFontIndirectW@CDXUTResourceCache@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice9@@PBU_D3DXFONT_DESCW@@PAPAUID3DXFont@@@Z)
Debug/EmptyProject.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

i do apologise for all this
There's another library missing in the linker options. (d3d9.lib ?)
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
In your project properties, under linker dependencies, add d3d9.lib.

If you get other linker errors like that, check out the msdn description and check the bottom for the .lib they're contained in.
Just for future reference, a more specific topic would be nice :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement