Saving Directories in VC++ ?

Started by
3 comments, last by Twon 18 years, 5 months ago
When i add the directories in VC++ for the directx sdk i have to add the directories again and again everytime i open some directx project.Is there any way to permenantly save this option?
Advertisement
If you are using VS2002 or VS2003 then use the menu option Tool->Option->Projects->VC++ Directores, select "show directories for: include files", browse to the DirectX include directory and move it up to the top of the directory list. Also make sure you only have one copy of Visual Studio open when you do this.
You mean the 'global' include & lib settings in vs6?

Make sure you have only 1 instance open, set the directories and
then quit visual studio (back to windows desktop).
Now they should be stored.

If you have 2 instances of vs6 open, and you modify in one, then
if it saves or not, depends on which instance you close last :)

As a sidenote, you can also set the include/lib path in the project-settings
(under compiler / additional include directories - and under library / additional library directories) - if you use these make sure you use
relative paths (../sdk/<whatever>) so that other people can easily compile.

Regards
visit my website at www.kalmiya.com
I am using Visual Studio 6 and all of the things you mentioned above dont work :(
Infact if you installed the DirectX sdk after you installed Visual Studio 6 it should automatically add the DirectX sdk include and lib directories into your global include and lib setting automatically as long as you have no instances of VS6 open during the installation. You may want to uninstall and reinstall the DirectX SDK. Then again if you are using a version of the DirectX SDK that is newer that the SDK Summer Update 2004 then support for Visual Studio 6 has been removed so aside from not working with Visual Studio 6 naturally it will not add the directories to the global includes and lib settings.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement