Sign in to follow this  

[MDX] Maximized windowed mode

This topic is 4419 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a simple test app (C#) and I can switch between windowed mode and fullscreen mode. And on top of that I'm trying to do so that when I choose windowed mode with the same resolution as in Windows, it should look exactly like fullscreen, but still be windowed. That means, no borders, drawed at location 0,0. Hidden start menu and so on. I have this test:
if (windowed)
{
  if (this.clientSize == displaySize) // Window size equals screen resolution
  {
     this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None;
     this.Location = new Point(0, 0);
  }
  else
  {
     this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.Sizable;
     this.Location = new Point(100, 100);
  }
}

This kinda works. It removes the borders, sets the window location to 0,0. But the start menu is still drawn (over the window) and if I switch (alt + tab) to another window, the new window (for example firefox) doesn't show. So the start menu is drawn over it, but other windows are always under it. So it's "always on top except for the almighty start menu". Any help is appreciated. EDIT: My bad, the start menu is indeed hidden under the window when the window is focused. So it makes more sense now. When I alt + tab to another app though, the start menu is drawn over the d3d app, but the regular windows app is still under the d3d app. So, to finaly sum it up: The window is indeed maximized, the start menu is behind the window so everything works well when the window is focused. But when I select another app, that app is still hidden under the d3d app. [Edited by - Kija on November 10, 2005 5:46:59 PM]

Indeed. But shouldn't the window I alt + tab to get focus aswell? Not only the start menu? Because if I alt + tab to Internet Explorer or some other windows app. It gets the focus, thus makes my d3d app lose focus. But Internet Explorer isn't showed, it's still behind my d3d app.

This topic is 4419 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.