error LNK2019

Started by
8 comments, last by Telorin 18 years, 5 months ago
I finished installing direct x and opened a sample BasicHLSL and got 116 errors when I clicked "build". All error LNK2019. Most messages resembled eachother, But here are some of the errors:
Quote:1>dxutmisc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetCursorPos@8 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall CBaseCamera::GetInput(bool,bool,bool,bool)" (?GetInput@CBaseCamera@@IAEX_N000@Z)
Quote:1>dxut.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SystemParametersInfoW@16 referenced in function "long __cdecl DXUTInit(bool,bool,bool,bool)" (?DXUTInit@@YAJ_N000@Z)
Most of them were the exact same but different symbols etc. Does anyone know what the problem is> EDIT: The project has a debug folder with all the un-resolved external objects, I think the problem is I need to link these into the program but how does one link directx symbols into the files?
Advertisement
Those look like WinAPI calls.

Do you have the Platform SDK installed? Does the IDE point to the SDK's directories?
I set up the platform SDK and in the Tools - options I went to Directories and under include I added the platform sdk include, Under libraries I added the libs folder and under Executables I added bin's. That's all the setup I did. I also was told to edit and add some stuff into a .vsprops file but when I checked it they were already there. Any ideas? Mabey more stuff to install?
Hmmm, Are you creating a Win32 project?

By the way things sound I'm assuming you are using VC 2005 express. Right?
Forgot a detail above. Are you specifically creating a 'Windows Application' under the 'Win32' project wizard?
The project file im using is a sample from DirectX sample browser, So I'd assume it's win32. I am using express. As I said I found them in a debug folder of the project (the objects in the linker)
I can only assume something is wrong with the linking directories. Perhaps try going over Microsoft's PlatformSDK setup again and make sure you did all the steps and correctly.

Here's a link for reference

If that's not it then I'm certainly stumped.
Yup. Platform SDK is installed AND working, Tested it and all. Heres the project Hierarchy

BasicHLSL (Main Folder)
|=========|============|
Common===Debug=======Media
In the debug folder contains BasicHLSL.obj, BasicHLSL.pch, BasicHLSL.pdb etc all which were appearing ass errors when I tried to build it. any ideas?

EDIT: I tried a few other examples, All of them are getting symbol errors :S, Same error all "Unresolved external symbols"
What are the libraries input to the linker? Both functions come from user32.lib.

excuse the incompetance, But im not 100% sure what that means :(. I know I set my platform sdk libs (C:\program files\Microsoft Platform SDK) to link and the direct X installer set up the direct X path. As for user32.dll (and several others), the video I watched said to add it to WinCore.vsprops. I also did what they said to makesure the platform sdk was installed right, and no errors. So I guess scratch that, And with my searching on the web it says most unresolved errors come from a file not properly included or linked in the project. If not, Does anyone know where I can find/can write a step by step guide from installing VCExpress to Compiling the first directX file? Also not in my wincore.vsprops after setting up the PSDK they said to add several things to wincore.vsprops but when I popped it open the stuff was already there +2 more DLL's called odbc32.lib and odbccp32.lib. I was guessing these might be linked to directX? A step by step guide would be great though I could just uninstall VCExpress and startover on the right track

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement